Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Big Pig





So, half a year has somehow slipped by, and I have had a few people wondering what the heck has been happening over here in Geekland. For starters, our little Piglet has grown into a Big Pig - he's nearly 10 months old now. And I think he's grown up to be a handsome fellow.


He's much bigger and heavier than B now. He outweighs her by at least 10 pounds, but she remains undaunted. She likes playing with her "little" brother, but I also think she likes having an additional subject to rule over.




She still knocks him down at will, although she has to catch him first, and she at least has to work a little harder to catch him these days. (To be fair, she also allows herself to be knocked down on occasion, when she is feeling generous.)





I think P is the most mellow dog I've ever had. He's got a sunny little disposition and a remarkably even temperament. He's awesome with other dogs regardless of whether they are boisterous playmates, or whether they are fearful and need finesse. He loves little kids. He's so placid and untroubled that I have, at times, lulled myself into thinking of him as a bit of a simpleton. But then he'll do something scary smart and jolt me back to reality.



I hadn't entirely planned on doing agility with P - he seemed too mellow for it. But he had other plans - he went ahead and taught himself how to do most of it just by watching B. And he clearly wants to do it, so who am I to say no?



So, I'm planning on doing a few posts to catch up with how B is doing with her agility and obedience career, P's self-taught agility training, and how well Z is doing these days.

11 comments:

possumlady said...

Oh it's soo good to hear from you and to see the Big Pig!!! They grow up so fast, don't they ;)

How does the P get along with your cats???

Sam said...

Glad to hear from you and can't wait to hear about everybody's progress.

Maery Rose said...

Welcome back! I'm hoping my puppy mellows out one of these days but I'm thinking personality probably doesn't change all that much. She may be a good, little agility prospect - put that energy to good use. Can't wait to hear more.

KB said...

Piglet has become a Big Pig! Actually, he's incredibly handsome and I'm thrilled to hear what a wonderful disposition he has. I can't wait to learn more about him, B, and Z!

KGMom said...

Yay--an update on P. I kept looking at my blog's sidebar where my favorite blogs are linked.
And I almost missed seeing this.
So nice to know how well things are going.

NCmountainwoman said...

Great to see another post. And great to see what a dog the pig has become. Can't wait to hear more.

giantspeckledchihuahua said...

WOW! I don't know how your post slipped by me. It's so good to hear how well P is doing (My! How he's grown) Glad to hear Z is doing well, too. I'm looking forward to hearing how Miss B shakes up the agility world!

Tami Weingartner said...

Wow! She's beautiful

JeanMac said...

Handsome, indeed:)

Roxanne @ Champion of My Heart said...

I've been silly busy and kept forgetting to check back. I was SERIOUSLY going to email you and make sure everything was OK ... but I checked here and found this post.

LOVE seeing the pix of big-boy piglet and hearing about what an awesome buddy he is.

Jealous of you and happy for you.

Betty said...

So glad to see how well everyone is doing. I'll keep checking back for more updates. I really enjoy your pictures and descriptions! Take care.